For those who are moving out of or into a apartment, there are a few additional details in play from your standard home move. Thankfully, our professional moving teams are ready to get the job done and up to the challenge!
With our knowledge of moving and experience, we’ve seen it all when it comes to moving apartments. These facilities often have strict rules and regulations to follow, and our professional moving teams are trained to make your move a breeze.
Rental Move In and Out Check List
For those about to start a apartment move, we have an effective list of tips for first-time renters! This move out checklist will cover allot of the bases you need when completing a move from an apartment, and can be your go-to checklist.
- Get rid of unnecessary items: Find somewhere to donate items you no longer want, offer other items to people who might want them. This will save you the hassle of moving these items on moving day.
- Notify landlord of the upcoming move: Most apartment properties need a written notice in advance of your move, so be sure to check with your property on the proper procedure, and check to see if they have certain regulations for moving in and out of the apartment.
- Do a thorough cleaning: Leaving your place in bad shape will end up costing you money. Do an efficient cleaning of your rental property before moving out and fix any damages to ensure you receive your security deposit back.
- Take care of bills: Double-check and ensure all bills are paid in full and shut off so you aren’t stuck paying for something.
- Document the condition of your rental: Be sure to take note of any damages or other incidents that occur to make sure you aren’t charged for something you didn’t do.
- Pay attention to additional space: If your apartment contains a separate storage space, make sure everything you need is removed and taken care of before you move out. This will prevent you from scrambling to find a place for these items on moving day